Tuesday, April 7, 2009

We're going to the Zoo, Zoo, Zoo!


Maria and Momma enjoying the beautiful day!

Momma and I!

This little koala bear was busy eating and did not want to show his face.

My nephew Porter. Porter wore his hat, but Haley would not wear her cute hat I bought her from the zoo!

I love my sister Ria!

My little country girl starting early!

Haley is intensely watching the penguins. She was fascinated with them!

My nephew Porter is so cute!

This gorilla did not want to show off for the crowd.

Nana and Haley at the petting zoo.


Last Saturday my sister, nephew, mom, Haley, and I went to the zoo in Columbia. I had not been to the zoo since I was a little girl. My Aunt Beth used to take us every year so the zoo holds a special place in my heart. The weather was beautiful! Everyone had the same idea as we did about going to the zoo because it was really busy. After the zoo, we spent the rest of the weekend with my parents. We took Haley up to my farm and showed her all the animals and rode the gators all around the farm. Kelby would have been proud because we shot some guns, and Haley did not even flinch! Granddaddy was in heaven because he was able to show Haley his farm. Now, we are in Missouri with my in-laws on another farm. Haley will never be a city girl if she is related to me. :) We are visiting them for 2 weeks, and we are missing the warm South Carolina spring weather. When we flew in yesterday, it was 36 degrees and high winds so we are back to winter! Well, we are enjoying spending time with family. We are so blessed to have two wonderful families that we love dearly!

1 comment:

Stephanie. said...

You gotta love a country girl!! Some of my best memories are from times spent on the farm growing up; I hope the same happens for Hailey!