Thursday, February 11, 2010

The Storm of the Century

Kelby and I just got back from skiing at Snowshoe, West Virginia. It was so much fun! We went with 4 other friends. We left Haley at my mom's house. It was the first time I had left her for more then a few days. It was hard at times, but I am so glad Kelby and I got to spend some quality time together. We left out last Friday morning and drove into the storm of the century. It took us 11 hours to get there when it would have normally taken 8. I rode with some friends, and Kelby drove up from Alabama. His drive didn't go as well as ours did. We made it, but he was driving his BMW M3. His car did not fair well with the outrageous snow storm so he had to spend the night in a hotel. He was able to make it the next day. We were all worried as to how his BMW would make it up the mountain, but of course Kelby was ready for any new feat to overcome! He loves a challenge. At least I was not in the car with him. I would not have been so brave.

The snow was great, and I got better at skiing this year. No hitting trees and breaking my ribs this year! My roommate from college Laura met us up there. It was so great to spend time with her. It was like old times. Don't you just love it when you can start right where you left off with someone you have not seen in a while? We had the best time. We will have to make it a yearly tradition to take a trip some where.

Now we are back in the grind in Charleston. We are all glad to be back together since Kelby was gone all of January. Who knows when he'll leave again on a trip, but he's home right now. :)





Kelby being his silly self while we were trying to get a cute picture.

We asked someone to take this picture, but the flash was not on so it's a little dark.

1 comment:

heene said...

Becca - Your hair looks so good!! Can't wait to see you soon! Love ya! ~ Maria