Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The Reason for my last title

I just realized I named my last title what I meant to name this title. :) "Oklahoma where the wind goes sweeping down the plain" does have a meaning with this post. The Hagerlas are moving to Oklahoma!! Kelby will be instructing pilots at Altus AFB. We are supposed to move in May unless the Air Force comes back and tells us otherwise. We will get our official orders in a month or so. I am not excited to leave Charleston. However, I am very excited about the fact that Kelby will actually be HOME all the time. He will have weekends off and holidays. We don't even know what that's like! We really wanted to go to Colorado, but it was not open. Altus, OK is a very small town near the Texas border on the southwest side of Oklahoma.

Now, we have a lot to think about between now and then. Questions going through my head are: Can we sell our house? Will we buy in OK, rent, or live on base? What will I do without my family close? I am really going to miss my family. I have always had it in my mind that I would move away, but it's still going to be sad that my family will be so far away. On a good note, Kelby's parents will be closer. They are now a 17 hour drive. Now, they will be only 12 hours away. We are happy about that!

No comments: